What is a lifestyle hack? The Urban Dictionary says it is a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one’s time and daily activities in a more efficient way, thereby allowing one to gain more free time. To that end, we have selected the Top 10 Virtual lifestyle hacks available online.
Top 10 Virtual Lifestyle Hacks
- Set Goals – If you don’t know where you want to go, how will you know that you have arrived? Setting goals and working with a deadline help you to keep moving forward.
- Write out a Plan – If where you are now is your origin, and the goals you set are the destination, the plan is the route to which you go from origin to destination. How will you get from Point A to Point B? If your goal is to grow your business by 20%, how will you do it? Layout specific steps.
- Take Risks – “Risk” is defined as “exposure to the chance of injury or loss; a hazard or dangerous chance.” Let’s focus on “exposure to the chance of loss.” This terrifies most people, but it’s an essential part of life. If you have a 401k plan, there is probably some part of it that is put in the stock market. The stock market can be risky. Does that mean you should not participate? Of course not. Over time, these plans usually grow in spite of days when things go wrong. Life is like that. You will take some risks that don’t work out, but that doesn’t mean you should never take a risk. As long as you learn from your setbacks, you’re headed in the right direction.
- Practice Self-Love – Do you know what’s so amazing about you? Nobody can be you better than you. That’s pretty awesome! Own that. Show love to yourself by taking care of your body, giving yourself rewards whenever you reach minor goals, and give yourself a big reward when you reach a major goal. When you love yourself, you can then love others.
- Leave the Past Alone – One thing is certain about this train of life – it has no reverse gear. When the sun comes up each morning, yesterday is gone, and we can never go back. You can remember what happened yesterday and use what happened to ensure you don’t repeat mistakes, but you can’t go back and re-do yesterday. So, leave the past there – in the past.
- Read at Least One Book a Month – The most successful people are the ones who never stop learning. Learning is to your brain what the workout in the gym is to your body. If your first reaction to this is “I don’t have time to read” then you have options. Investigate hiring a virtual assistant. A virtual assistant can save you hours a week by taking over those mindless, repetitive tasks, freeing up your time. If that’s not an option at this point, try audiobooks.
- Go All–Out for Happiness – Most of us have a pretty good idea of what makes us happy. So go after the things that make you happy with everything you have. Enjoy your life and pursue your “happy times” relentlessly.
- Exercise – I have come to believe that exercise is the most important part of living, with the benefits of a longer life and a better quality of living. Exercise can help you feel energized and improve your sleep, as well as contribute to your overall well-being. If you are not a fan of repetition, try out a new activity like yoga, hiking, Pilates, biking, or swimming. This will help you make exercise a sustainable habit, and you’ll also gain more physical, mental, and emotional benefits from something you enjoy.
- Meditate – Take a least 10 minutes per day to sit quietly and meditate. Meditation, for thousands of years has been a favorite way to develop intentional focus — minimizing random thoughts about the past or future. Many forms of meditation exist, but most have in common a quiet setting, a comfortable position, focused attention, and an open attitude. Meditation may offer many benefits, such as helping improve concentration, relaxation, inner peace, as well as reducing stress and fatigue.
- Hire a Virtual Assistant – A VA is a professional who offers support and business services, while working remotely. Your VA can be either an independent contractor or an employee of an official VA company. You have an opportunity to save hours of work daily by hiring a virtual assistant.
Give us a call today if you want to change the story of your life!