You’ve hired your first virtual assistant! Now, you’ll have to learn how to manage a virtual assistant (VA). A VA is an off-site (virtual) contractor who completes a wide range of tasks for your business or you personally. They handle everything you’d expect from an office assistant, but many have more specialized skills like content writing or customer service. While growing your business is essential, it shouldn’t come at the expense of your health or personal relationships. Virtual assistants reduce your workload, so you can spend more time on other things that matter to you. Things like gardening, practicing the piano, playing with the kids, or having lunch with your spouse or friends. Give yourself space to recharge and time to do the things you really want.
Why Hire a Virtual Assistant
Entrepreneurs and businesses use virtual assistants to fill in gaps. You don’t necessarily need a full-time receptionist, office administrator, or personal assistant to help out. Delegating work to VA is more efficient and cost-effective.
You can use virtual assistants anywhere. My friend who lives in Mexico hired a young man to pay the cable bills, the telephone, the water, and the electric bills, the car registration, and take the car to the DMV. It frees up her time because each service is in a different location and has a waiting line. If she had to take the time for each task herself, she could spend the whole day away from more exciting activities.
How to Manage a Virtual Assistant
- You should share information, ideas, and company goals with your VA.
- Communication is key to effective management.
- Set an example for your virtual assistant. If you set standards for your virtual assistants, they’re likely to follow in your footsteps.
- Don’t be a biased manager, be transparent.
- Create a good project plan for the VA to follow.
- Learn to say NO. If you do not like how your virtual assistant handles a particular situation, show them the right way and make it clear.
- Establish confidence and a sense of trust between you and your virtual assistant.
Hiring the Right VA
Busy entrepreneurs often find they have lost the balance in their lives, leading to stress and a lapse in their health. Hiring Kandice Gunn to do the mundane, time-consuming and repetitive jobs literally creates time. You will find the time to do what you need – or better yet, what you want.
As your virtual assistant, Kandice will show you how to delegate and get time back on your side. She takes the work out of hiring a personal assistant or an office manager by providing her expertise virtually! Virtual Task Pro can handle your tasks with the click of a button.
Give us a call today if you want to change the story of your life!